Friday, December 10, 2004

Diving Mrs. Daisy

Just thought I'd provide a more complete event description from my last post.

Daisy likes to climb on things, every-things. She was on the couch, and she likes to swing a leg over the arm. She does this to taunt me. I (as her parent) am obligated to tell her "no", "you're going to hurt yourself", and "sit, please", all of which she ignores. So I walk from the kitchen to the couch until she sits down.

As I walk (for the second time) back towards the kitchen and my chores, "bang" goes that unmistakeable head-on-hardness sound. I spin around and Daisy is nowhere to be seen. Did she disappear? No silly, she just took a header off the couch into the corner out of view. Oh, and she's mad. As soon as she catches her breath, that scream she started a few seconds ago is gonna catch up.

I think she's too young to understand "I told you so", but I say it anyway as I rub this big red mark on her forehead and the scream suddenly explodes in my ear. Poor thing.

By the way, she's doing it again now as I type, please excuse me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home